29 November 2011

Weekly Birding..

Week 2 of ProjectFeederwatch is done for me.  I wanted to include my counts here instead of on my other blog....with the week's better pictures.  The process is simple in case anyone is interested in getting involved.

11/27-28...hi - 42F...lo - 28...Wx - cloudy, with rain/snow pellet showers, and a little wind.

7 Cardinals, 7 House Finches, 8 Goldfinches, 4 Chickadees, 12 Eurasian Tree Sparrows (only found near St. Louis in North America), 1 House Sparrow, 3 Downy Woodpeckers, 1 Red-bellied Woodpecker, 9 Mourning Doves, 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 2 White-breasted Nuthatches, 2 Dark-eyed Juncos, 1 Mockingbird, 1 Carolina Wren, 1 Blue Jay, 3 Tufted Titmice, 1 Northern Flicker

And, now for a couple images I took during the 2 day period...

Carolina Chickadee

Female House Finch

Northern Cardinal

4 comments:

  1. Sadly I have no garden, nor back yard, so no birds to call my own. I love the Northern cardinal, very striking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see plenty of birds from your side of the pond, Paul, on forums around the net. I must say, you have some very pretty ones over there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you certainly know your birds. I'm no nature photographer and a total city kid so my knowledge of this doesn't go much past distinguishing a robin and a cardinal. The top one is gorgeous. It has a very Japanese feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I look at it, Bob, I see where you are going with the Japanese theme. That red really pops.

    ReplyDelete