18 November 2011

Puck's Eye View..

A statue of former Blues great Al MacInnis outside Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri....home of the St. Louis Hockey Blues.  MacInnis had one of the hardest slapshots the league had ever seen.  His career spanned 15 years from 1982-2003; he signed with St. Louis in 1994 as a free agent.  The third ranking defensemen in hockey history, in terms of points, MacInnis was put in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2007.  His jersey now hangs in the rafters of Scottrade Center along side other St. Louis legends.

Which photo, though, do we like better?

1.

2.

6 comments:

  1. I rather like the b&w version. It seems stronger and starker to me. Plus I just love monochrome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not see much difference. ..but I think I like #1 better. Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color - it's the Blues! Creative POV, perhaps from the vantage point of someone Tony Twist just decked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the help. I often see higher contrasty images and wonder which looks better. I used to shoot a lot of b/w film and grew to love high contrast monochrome shots. So, occasionally, I play around with both color and b/w in mind.

    There is minimal difference in the shots. I forgot to go back and crop #2 ever so slightly to get the streetlight out of the shot. Other than that, I just desaturated the b/w shot to remove all the color. All other settings are identical.

    ReplyDelete