29 September 2011
Located on South Grand Blvd (2256 S. Grand to be exact) in the Tower Grove East neighborhood, this building was built in 1895 as a "first class restaurant and liquortorium." Known later for owners James and Catherine Pelican, who ran the establishment from 1945-1978, the former restaurant was recycled into offices in 1986. However, today it sits vacant and in need of renovation. This building became a St. Louis city landmark in 1976.